Backcare & Seating has a long-standing commitment to environmental responsibility. How we define this responsibility changes as new products are introduced and is an evolving process. Our products are complex and have a variety of environmental impact and we continually strive to ensure that we reduce our environmental footprint by what we produce, sell and consume to run our businesses.
Some of our efforts include:
- Producing our own Plastic components & products that ensure no harmful or adverse environmental effects.
- Utilising plastics with low or no emissions, and with fully recyclable components.
- Offer recyclable product information to customers.
- Limit the use of paint based products and or components.
- Use of environmentally friendly solutions that don`t use toxic chemicals, and colouring agents for product presentation and cleaning.
- Encourage suppliers to use environmentally friendly packaging.
- Request customers leave behind packaging, in order to recycle these with suppliers & future customers.
- Conduct Energy efficient Practice in the running of business and production of products.
- Use of recycled consumables.
Our Manufacturing Division, supplies us with a wide range of products which are manufactured in accordance with the standards that are set by the Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) program. The GECA program is a whole-of-life cycle incorporating all facets of environmental sustainability from the research / design phase through to the end-of-life recycling stage.